miky mike

glitter bleeding issue

Hello , I have been having a problem with black glitter bleeding. I do not go over 360 degrees and have found the bait plastics black glit turns my plastisol a blue ish hazy and black poly I bought from the craft store online tends to turn it a purple ish haze. was wondering if anyone has a remedy for this?

I don't know about the bait plastics glitter, but i have had some glitter from a craft store that bled because of to much heat. Try adding it after heating & also try not going over 350* to see if it helps. I have a bunch of lureworks glitter so naturally no problems there, but i also have a bunch of glitter from both walmart & hobby lobby & i don't have  problems  unless i get it way to hot. :yay:

On 5/22/2020 at 7:06 PM, mark poulson said:

Baitjunky used to sell high temp polyester glitter.

Every supply company selling glitter to the bait hobbyists is selling the same glitter from the same 2 manufacturers I've found. Like I've told you in the past if you want to continue to buy that same high temp poly glitter you bought from Baitjunkys just head to LureWorks ;)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DaveMc1 said:

Every supply company selling glitter to the bait hobbyists is selling the same glitter from the same 2 manufacturers I've found. Like I've told you in the past if you want to continue to buy that same high temp poly glitter you bought from Baitjunkys just head to LureWorks ;)

If you told me before, I forgot.  Sorry.