aulrich

Trouble drawing up plastic and other issues

So I finally got a second presto pot and after a couple of single color runs i tried to do a laminate. Well I got my butt kicked.

Temp control is a problem more specifically matching I guess a PID is in my future.

But the more basic one is that my do-it injectors just can't seem to reliably draw up plastic. I did freshly clean and oil them but for the life of me I could not get them properly draw up plastic.

Any tips?

recommendation for a better dual injector

They bind a bit in dual mode, but by themselves they are OK , but thinking back I am not sure they have ever drawn up cleanly, when compared to my newer bait plastics injector.

I am guessing  just about  any hi temp o-ring should work, does anyone have the actual spec's

Temps are about 320.

Remember that the hotter the plastic, the better the flow (but don't get it too hot!).

350 is my normal target

I use 320 when injecting large body baits like creature baits to help prevent denting.

Try a few drops of worm oil in your injector and push it up and down to lubricate before you start. I clean (wipe out) and lubricate my injectors on a regular basis. Also check and make sure the plunger surface is tightly screwed onto the rod or you might be getting some tilt and binding.

If the injectors are new, the o-rings are probably pretty tight.

Most claim they don't have to lubricate very often, but i've had to do it with every brand of injector i've had when i've  felt them starting to tighten slightly. I keep worm oil in a pint bottle that i squirt into bags of lures when i bag them & i just take  cap off & pour some in the injector &  replace the injector tip & squirt back into bottle that it came out of. I do the same with the dual injector & then stick it into the blending block & then squirt back into bottle. Easy enough to do when needed.

• Like 1