deathrider21

Baits are cloudy/white

First off just want to say I'm new here and new to pouring baits. I have seen valuable info here and just want to say keep up the good work. 

So my question is I am using bait plastic pour and a silicone mold. I have been following the steps provided and from what I have found online etc. Anyways when I pull the bait out the baits color are not good there cloudy or whitish. The top of the bait exposed to air is perfect, shiny and how I would love for the bait to come out. Also all the extra material in the cup is perfect. Any suggestions? Thank you once again

No release agent. And I know my bait needs work. These are the first ones. You can see the top is perfectly shiny and smooth. The sides have some small air bubbles. I'm working on it. But I really want to get the color problem down. Also the extra material in the cup comes out perfect top, bottom sides and have zero air bubbles. 

15917537354264870484129144372008.jpg

15917539205117768528487482888919.jpg

Edited by deathrider21

It looks like you are making your own silicone molds?  If that is true, I know what is happening.

Any surface imperfection in the original is transferred to the mold, and the mold will then transfer it to the final bait.  Even if it was a factory silicone mold, if the original is not perfect, the bait will not be perfect. 

When I make on original, I "polish" the original before I make the mold.  How I "polish" the original depends on what I made it from, but the surface must be slick, clean, "polished".  Note, polished does not mean with wax because it can cause some silicone to not properly set cure.

The reason the top is slick, shiny, is because air does not have imperfections to transfer.

I hope this helps some.  Silicone can make slick shiny molds as well as aluminum, but because aluminum is machined it is polished to start with.  Silicone requires a perfect original to start with.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Anglinarcher said:

I don't know what you would paint it with that would not transfer to the bait, but, if you could, yes, it would work.

Yep if i'd interpret what i'd read a little better i'd see that he is  using a silicone mold & not made such a suggestion.  :D