angling777

Computer circuit board for lips

I have another question, I am new to this. Does anyone know where and what kind of computer circuit board that is used in many crankbaits made in Tennessee and the surrounding states. Where would a person go about buying that? It looks like it might be easier also to work with than Lexan due to the difficulty in cutting Lexan. I have gone to Radio Shack and several wholesale computer places looking for it but all that I find is too thick or not the right kind (green instead of tan colored). Thanks in advance!

OK, this is just my opinion and I will probably get blasted for it....... but computer board for a lip looks like crap in a crank. It is no easier to work with than lexan. I have played with a piece of it and it will get the job done. However, just get some .060 lexan or polycarbonate and use it.

You cut lexan with a fine tooth saw blade and leave the plastic or paper coating on it when you cut it. This makes it much easier to draw on and keeps the edges smooth. I am really not sure where folks get it. And you are right..... it seems to be a Tn. thing. But computer board will also wear alot quicker than lexan. It is breakable also.

Skeeter

Skeeter is right they do look like crap!! But in certain parts of the Country(Tenn. Kentucky, And certain parts of Alabama) the guys love them. I use when requested. I found a semitransparent version that is not as gaudy that I work with. I purchased it from a company in Penn. It is known in the industry as GRADE G-10 FR4 -- GLASS EPOXY. If you go to Google.com and type in the industry name about 20 or 30 manufacturers will show up. Most have an 800 # give em a call an order a sheet. It comes in various thicknesses .040 is a good starting point.It is also alot tougher to cut. I will say this the circuit board does give the bait a different action and it does get a diving bait down deeper quicker. But as far as asthetics Lexan is the way to go!!!

I'm from Tn, and I'll have to agree with skeeter. That's the most the annoying thing is to have a great looking bait and someone say it looks great, but can you put a computer board lip in it. They say it also has more vibration, but i've fished with both lexan and cb lips in my own baits and can't tell much difference. I do know if you fish alot of rip rap that cb lips will wear down faster than lexan. Anyway that's my 2 cents worth.

Good Luck

Stacy