aulrich

What do you think of this rig

So rather that asking the question how do you rig a big swim bait i'll post my answer and with luck folks will rip it to shreds , :) 

Rip Away

So for a while I have been shooting and fishing with the do-it 6" paddle tail. The bait is awesome but rigging has been a bit of an issue. The picture show what we have cone up with short of one improvement. we fount that attaching the wire to the lead is best done with a split ring, one reason is the steel wire will eventually get too kinked and that little drop seems to keep the wire out of the way of the action. the fish shot shows why I like the bait the bait pulls off of the pin and get out of the fish's mount so it lasts way longer. Also the hookup rate is significantly higher that an embedded jig hook.

The disadvantage is the bait tangles on itself more often that we would like. One idea is to use single strand titanium  wire vs steel since the tangles get worst  after the wire gets beat up.

Rig.JPG

Rig in Bait.JPG

WhyIliketheRig.JPG