rocknrolla

Bottom Sweeper style jig mold? tog blackfish jig

Hi I am new here!

I am looking for Bottom sweeper / Tidal tails tog jig style Jig mold with no collar.

Do-it banana jig mold is the closest thing that I can find, is there any other mold maker that carries them?

Do-it mold has a 'collar'  and exposing too much hook (make it prone to snag) Looking for one that has a  bit shorter shank with no collar

Thanks!

481522617_ScreenShot2020-07-05at7_17_00AM.png.b172f5aae31c6755be924d8abc030c65.png

1798026044_ScreenShot2020-07-04at7_53_27PM.png.5696ecea17bc6f383085e0ee3fb060c0.png

1671607132_ScreenShot2020-07-05at7_21_02AM.png.0d51c7638369fa741bddfd07dfc6da26.png

This looks like a custom to me. The link provided is a mold maker that produces the most saltwater jig molds that I know of. Here is a link to his website.

http://shawncollinscustoms.net

The thing that looks custom to me and makes me think it’s a custom jig is the brass eye for the line tie. It is probably a figure 8 connector that attaches to the hook eye. Definitely not part of that hook. If you could get your hands on a jig, you could figure it out pretty quick and get the sizing of the components just by melting the lead off one. Bob Lalonde, on of our members here, does some custom stuff if you wanted a CNC Mold. I’ll link his website here. If you didn’t need a whole bunch of them, a RTV Mold would be doable also.

http://www.cncmolds.com/webstore/

• Thanks 2

On 8/10/2020 at 9:37 AM, Apdriver said:

This looks like a custom to me. The link provided is a mold maker that produces the most saltwater jig molds that I know of. Here is a link to his website.

http://shawncollinscustoms.net

The thing that looks custom to me and makes me think it’s a custom jig is the brass eye for the line tie. It is probably a figure 8 connector that attaches to the hook eye. Definitely not part of that hook. If you could get your hands on a jig, you could figure it out pretty quick and get the sizing of the components just by melting the lead off one. Bob Lalonde, on of our members here, does some custom stuff if you wanted a CNC Mold. I’ll link his website here. If you didn’t need a whole bunch of them, a RTV Mold would be doable also.

http://www.cncmolds.com/webstore/

Hey Apdriver.  Thanks for the mention.  I do a lot of custom lead casting molds.  I've got more than a dozen custom lead mold jobs (several are multiples) on the custom jobs board right now(and lots of plastics), but for anybody who contacts me and says, "Can you just do a knockoff?" or "Says just make it exactly like this photo copied from a competitor's website," I'm gonna pass.  They need to be able to articulate a new idea or a significant product improvement.  Sure there are only so many way to make a ball jig, but if its something less generic they need to be able to make it their own. 

I don't think its at all clever when I say to do a rough sketch of exactly what you want, and take the time to write a good description of important details, and I get a wordless reply with photos stolen off Tackle Warehouse.  

Again,  Thank you for the mention.  I still read the site periodically, but I don't post much because I think people would feel like I am spamming the group.  

Bob La Londe

Edited by CNC Molds N Stuff
  • Like 1