rush07

Senko worms with too much "memory"

I am having an issue with my Senko works having too much "memory'.  If they are bent for any length of time, they will old this shape.  I am using MF Super Soft plastic, 1:4 salt ratio, and color/glitter.  What can I do to make them more pliable? 

I lay then out on an old metal baking pan that has had it's teflon coating worn almost completely off.  That was the only reason I could sneak it out of the kitchen.  The thin metal draws the heat away quickly.  I always worry that an ice bath will leech out some of the salt in my senkos.

How long do they need to cure? 48 hrs. before you bag them if you don’t want bent baits. If there’s time, longer is better. Another thing that may be helpful is you can lay them out in those cheap small ziploc containers after you shoot and take them along on a fishing trip and bag them later. Stacking is OK unless it’s a very large bait with a lot of volume like a 7 inch swimbait or something. Then even stacking can misform the plastic.