ddl

lead sheets questions

are the lead sheets are almost pure? i can get some but the guy told ma that there is a kind of lil plastic film on .is that something that should be hard to remove or i can put it straight into my lee melting pot ?? the guy also got battery pole is that a better option than the sheets ?

tks in advance

Yep like mentioned. Lead sheets are usually soft. If you want to know how soft it is, take your fingernail and see if you can scratch it to the shiny stuff underneath. If it scratches easily it is soft. As far as anything with lead acid batteries including posts, I would pass on those. Take the sheets.

I have some and have processed three or four 4x8’s. I took a high pressure spray washer after mine and some industrial degreaser. This took most of the old adhesive and drywall and whatever else is sticking on them off. You can use the most aggressive nozzle you have. The summer heat dries them out pretty quick. Take a shop hammer to them to lay them flat. 
once dry, I used a sheet metal scissor to cut them into strips and rolled the strips up to get the pieces manageable. Into an outside pot they went. Lots of flux and skimming off anything that comes up. Get upwind. After a pot of it is clean, ladle into a muffin pan where the ingots will fit in your pour pot. It will be good stuff. Mostly used in X-ray room construction.

• Like 1