willreinicke

Scent Remelt

I am still new to the soft plastic making. Although I feel it has come pretty easy, I have not messed around with scented oil products. I have quite a few molds, I have become fairly efficient at making baits and have always been a believer in presentation over scent.  There is something to scent though, otherwise so many companies would not offer their baits with different types of scents. Now, the whole reason for getting into making my own baits is 1) it is just fun, 2) it can be way more cost efficient and 3) I love the idea of making something just a little different that cannot be bought on the shelf. The whole goal has been saving and sorting colors after every day out fishing and for the most part after remelting, the color stays pretty true. Some of the lighter stuff will tinge to brown a little but for the most part, my colors have stayed pretty much from where I started. Now the real question, if I add scent to the bag and then go to remelt after they are used, what will happen? What should I be worried about? I see that LC mentions that they recommend half worm oil and half of the scent bought to get the best outcomes but can they be remelted? Should I be worried about the scent turning the plastisol a horrific scent and ruining the plastisol? I am using the deadon plastix and the scent isnt really bad at all and I have fished all summer without scented products and have done just fine. Something about pulling out a coffee strike king bait that gets your juices going in the morning and I figured why not mess around with this a little. Since I would be adding the worm oil and the scent to that bag after the pour, I understand some would probably fall off and not be as strong after the bait is used, but the plastisol has to absorb some of this, so again, if there are any issues I might run into during the remelt, I would like to know from others experiences. 

Thanks for the responses.