Juice780

Pearl paint

So I want to make my own pearl paint to dip baits in for a base coat. What would best to mix this with to achieve this. I will dip the baits in my base white first. I am assuming if I win it with a regular white paint the pigments will hide the pearl. Would some kind of urethane be good to mix it with?  https://www.theepoxyresinstore.com/collections/mica-powders/products/jacquard-pearl-ex-powder-pigment-pearl-white-21-26-grams

I like the Jacquard pearls but find them more effective dry brushing and blending them than spraying mixed in a clear.  I used Createx Transparent base 4004 if spraying.

So the blue, lavender on the sides and much of the silver are dry brush/rubbed in.  Moving onto the gills/operculum the bronze, peach, rose and silver are applied in the same fashion.  Depending on the angle the colors change drastically.  

DSC_0386.thumb.JPG.5936a3008a0933ea078acb882244683c.JPG

Edited by Travis
  • Like 1

If you are going to base coat with resin and then paint over so the pearl does not show through you may as well just use basic white epoxy tint. 

And here is the kicker I think most folks are using runny CA glue to seal now. 

But that said Jacquard pearls are very useful, if they only had some florescent colors