Tally

signature in lip

Like was already said... Ed Chambers of Zoom does this. Calvin Johnson does it also. Looks like they use a small tool for a dremel that is made for engraving personal belongings. If you go to Wal Mart they have them. It is a shaft with a real small ball on the end that is scored so that it will cut.

Skeeter

Hi Tally and to all ...I will try to help.! Get some window decal paper at your hobby store and scan your signature into your computer. Then copy/paste it into a program like word so you can resize to the size you need. Then copy/paste as many as you can get on the page and print!

Save it and go back as needed...Hope this will help !....Charles

Hi tally.

You can buy an acid used to mark chassis numbers on car?s windows. You just cut a vinil mask with your signature (@ decal stores), stick the mask to the lure lip, apply the acid with a bruh over the top, wait 1 minute, take the vinil off, wash with water and it?s done.............

Tally, you might wanna heat Lexan soft & then just press it with a embossing/wax seal press. (see embossing/wax seal here: http://www.rubberstamp.uk.com/EmbossingPresses.php) Attached pic of homemade one - this I use to press on front of backing piece for lip. You'll have to experiment with the heating to get it just right. You're on the right track but the other way round :D, heat the Lexan then use warm (not red hot) seal press.

If you do just raise letter type seal will be easier to mark on the lexan & don't require as much heating & force while pressing (see pic of recommended style - this way will stamp on back of lip, the letters are the right way). If possible have a lot of excess flat surface around the letters, this will keep the lexan flat when stamping & restrict the depth of stamping to the height of the stamp's raised letters. And give special instructions when ordering yours, you'd like the letter raise in a U shape & not the usual way they do it which is V (if possible) & 1 mm high is just nice. Oh, if you order a company seal press you only need one half of it :)

Hope I'm clear in explaining that. Note: I'm not sure about the Lexan retaining it's full strength after doing this, so you're on your own in this regard - I only make lure for myself & sometimes give them to friends so they can't really complain if the lip breaks when it's free :D

PS: You can try & get some printers lead letters & experiment with that first.