Bassmaster Rick

Oh no, another Newbie!

Another Newbie here so go easy on me, OK?  My wife picked up all my old plastic baits that had been thrown on and used as "dust control" on our easement and she said to do something else with them. I said that I could recycle them and she said to go for it. So now I have a 4" and a 5" Senko mold from Do it and a couple of worm molds ordered from BTS Molds. I'm still trying to find the Do It #95259 laminate plate but having no luck. I did manage to cut a pie tin as a divider and it seems to be working. I'm a avid bass fisherman of 50 years here in Southern California and looking forward to creating some baits! Is it to late at 64 years old to start a new hobby?  Thanks for having me!

Welcome to TU.

What Jig Man said; you have got to familiarize yourself with all the safety aspects of pouring high temperature materials. You must make yourself aware of what can go wrong, the horror stories, the mistakes that people have made so that you do not go down the same path.

Age is only a number :)

Dave

• Like 1

Never to old for a new addiction. Get some aluminum flashing at lowes or home depot. It works great for a laminate plate and by all means, read the safety post and when you think you have it down, read it again. I still go back and read it every once in a while for a good refresher. Welcome aboard. 

• Like 1

Welcome to TU, you're never to old. This is a great forum, with lot's of experienced, people, who are willing to help you if you need help. And making fishing tackle becomes very addictive, cause there is nothing much better than catching fish on something you made yourself. Great to have you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Driftwood said:

Never to old for a new addiction. Get some aluminum flashing at lowes or home depot. It works great for a laminate plate and by all means, read the safety post and when you think you have it down, read it again. I still go back and read it every once in a while for a good refresher. Welcome aboard. 

I cit up a pie tin and it works great! Thanks for the info.