J. Pierce

Dressing spinners and hooks with rubber

I've never used rubber or silicone before, so I ordered a little last time I got some other components to mess around with.

I threw out my first couple attempts, these two didn't turn out as bad.
I ordered the wrong beads by accident too so that's all I had on had for light beads to get the bladed up snd away from the skirts.
These have not been tested yet, so they are only posers at the moment.

I'm not sure how these long buggers will perform. I've never moved my blades that far from the bodies before.
B973F457-5A3E-40AF-B793-DC39F400CB25.thumb.jpeg.b51c8e3ecec505629bb494469c428117.jpeg

I see a lot of jigs and spinner baits with rubber or silicone, but I haven't seen spinners or dressed trebles. Maybe there is reason I haven't seen them, I'll find out after testing. Or maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

My attachment on the orange one is a bit sketchy, I just banded the tabs on a bullet body. But I saw some different bodies that I think will work better if I decide to do more. I thought the skirts might work well when fishing slower this fall.

Anybody experimented with this, have any wisdom or photos to share, that would be great.

14 minutes ago, Kasilofchrisn said:

There's a company here in Alaska that makes skirt spinners for salmon fishing.

I've never used them but I'll post a link so you can check them out.

https://www.kodiakcustom.com/skirt-spinner/

Yours look a bit longer than they should be, but, only testing will see if they work.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out! I knew somebody else must have been doing it before me.

That yellow one I could shorten up for sure.

The orange barred one is deceiving in the photo, if I drop any of the beads the blade could get fouled up in the skirt.

A rainstorm hit here so I didn't get out to test them yet. I haven't made enough spinners to be able to tell if they are going to work decent or not. I kind of have a system down for my other spinners that seems to balance out nice and give me instant low speed start on the spin, but these.... I dunno yet. I'm still learning.