Jazzatomo

Packing Baits Neatly

G'day All, 

After the advice I received here earlier in the year, I have powered on designing my own baits and having a ball. In order to fund a CNC machine to make my own molds or to pay someone to do the machining for me, some good friends have been nice enough to help me get some funds towards it.

The struggle I am having is packing the baits neatly in the bags. I want to give them the best product I can from what I am working with, as part of that I want to pack my baits neatly same as what you would find in a store, but am having extreme issues with either my fat hands not fitting in the bag properly, or the baits not wanting to play the game as I try to add them to the bag.

Has anybody got any tips that might point me in the right direction?

Ill also do a post with a lot of what I have found so far in regards to 3d Printing molds.

Jake

• Like 1

I found some thin but rigid clear plastic sheets at "clear bags" website that have helped me with some challenging packaging. I lay out the baits neatly on the plastic then slide the whole thing in to the bag. This is more cost effective for me than having vacuum formed trays made as I'm not in huge production. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 8:46 AM, Flippinstick Mike said:

I found some thin but rigid clear plastic sheets at "clear bags" website that have helped me with some challenging packaging. I lay out the baits neatly on the plastic then slide the whole thing in to the bag. This is more cost effective for me than having vacuum formed trays made as I'm not in huge production. 

This was what I was thinking, I would assume the clear plastic would have to be worm proof in order to stop colour leach?

On 7/28/2020 at 9:54 AM, Driftwood said:

Worm oil and small hands.( think wife, daughter, niece,) we hired a friends 2 daughters to package for us. They did a great job and saved us a lot of time for pouring.

The worm oil tip definetly helped. I tried to convince my partner, but she wont take payments in back rubs and good cooking, :P

• Like 1

If you use that piece of thin hard plastic, oil the baits with worm oil, oil the hard plastic so it won’t stick to the baits, cut it so it will slide into the mouth of bag, either lay your baits out on it or you can slid it under the baits and then insert it into bag. Once in the bag you can press down on bag and remove the hard plastic. Think spatchula here and have used this technique with success. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apdriver said:

If you use that piece of thin hard plastic, oil the baits with worm oil, oil the hard plastic so it won’t stick to the baits, cut it so it will slide into the mouth of bag, either lay your baits out on it or you can slid it under the baits and then insert it into bag. Once in the bag you can press down on bag and remove the hard plastic. Think spatchula here and have used this technique with success. 

Bang on. Will try that this arvo!