Markell

Tackle Underground Get together(s)

Would you be interested in forming/joining a local TU luremakers chapter?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in forming/joining a local TU luremakers chapter?

After several conversations with a few members here, let's see what kind of interest there would be for a first annual TU Rally. Some of the ideas that have been discussed have been a day of fishing, a cookout, a banquet, or whatever. If there is enough interest, several of these get-togethers could be organized in different parts of the Country. Maybe even by state. Jerry has mentioned maybe making them into some type of lure making club.

My suggestion is to establish who wants to participate and find out where they are from. Define the areas. Establish coordinators for each area and then decide as groups, on what, when and how it will be done. Any ideas?

This has got me thinking dreaming it is Sunday I have had a well deserved drink Ive done my stint in the shed so. I had a dream I was hooked into a huge musky must have been 60+ on my own home made too he was thrashing in the water what a feeling :huh: Then I woke up realized the only musky I've seen is in a photo and all she tells me is I can't go :idea: Don't kids have this inter cambio thing one goes stay there the other comes stay here. Arent we just big kids. Just a thought DREAM ooooooooon

I think the problem for most members is the journey needed to gather.

Id love to see it happen, but what if we could start forming small local events where the interested members live, then as the groups grow we could talk about larger events, like regional rallies such as a NW NE SW SE type events?

I threw in a poll.

I wouldn't mind a get together at all. I don't mind up to a 8hr. drive to get somewhere to meet with The Boys. I would like to attend the show Nathan was checking on. But that would be something like 14 + hours for me to get there. To me that is just alittle too far. It is hard to get a spot that everyone could easily get to without having to take out a loan to get there. Club chapters would be good but I don't think that (except for those TN. boys) there are enough folks in one state to start one. Maybe we ought to throw out a state and get an idea of who could make it. We did that once before and it just kind of died. The main problem was everyone getting the same time off. I think it would be good and we could have allot more participation if we could have a working get together and get someone like Bassmaster to do an article on the event. Members would probably put a little more effort in making the event if that were to happen.

Skeeter

Your right Skeet, the TN boys are ready. But, part of the reason

it died the first time is showing up already in the poll. I know

its only been up since Sunday evening and we have less than

2 1/2 % of the members vote. I promise you more than that

many have visited the site.

Reason number 2 that it failed was trying to decide as a group.

To get it started, a date has to be set and those that truly

want to be a part, will be there. And if different states or areas

want to get together, great. But, one or two need to take the

lead and set a date for that area. No, I wouldn't drive to CA for

a get together, I will drive to MO and I plan to in April. And if

it's only Nathan and myself so be it, we will have a great time.

Coley

The 2 1/2 % number that you mention kind of shocks me Coley. It would not be fair for me to cast a vote because I would truely enjoy attending TU get-togethers. Unfortunately, my job does not allow the kind of free time I would like to have. Even on my day off I am on call which doesn't make me to happy either. Having said that, I would attend any get together that my job would permit. I have already marked the April deal with Nathan on my calander and even if it is a brief stay, I WILL BE THERE. Sooooooooo make room!!!!!

Tally

Many of the members here have family obligations, tournaments, work responabilities, etc... Establishing a date and location might make it easier to vote.

GaBassNerd, I am all for the Georgia boys getting together.

Let's keep this alive. The first year may not be all that big of a deal but I am sure it will grow year after year.

Like some have said. Someone has to take the bull by the horns, set a date, time and place. We maybe could put up two or three dates and see which one the most could attend. We have so many members with different jobs that we cannot find a date that will satisfy all of us.

I am a friend of Craig Lamb that writes for ESPN/BASS. He lives in the Nashville area and I am sure that I could get him to write an article and get it into either the BASS Times or the Bassmasters magazine.

With the little get together the Tennessee connection had at Coley's I can tell you it was worth the time. I have also had the pleasure to spend a day with Skeeter at the Classic. Even then we did not have enough time.

We have met so many on TU by post and email, but I can tell you it is not like shaking hands and having a good talk.

I am ready any time any place. I can say that as I have spent my time in the barrel and have the time to go.

Charlie Mitchell AKA Boyhowdy

I too think the regional thing is the way to get this off the ground....after enough regonal get togethers maybe a national one could happen.

Looking forward to Meeting Coley,Talley...and ANYONE else who wants to head here the last weekend in April!!!!!..Nathan

PS..Skeeter...Jump in your car at 5:00 am and your here by 7:00PM..(doesn't sound as bad that way..LOL!!)

Hopefully we can get a TU rally going somewhere between Northern and Southern California and the other western states. Maybe CLear Lake or one of the lakes nearer to So Cal, Nacimiento or something? Camping and BBQueing? Hell I'd even sport for a keg and some tri tips! Sounds like fun to me. Let's wait til the bite picks up though, only got one dink today! Maybe we can even get AL out to do some fishin;! :wink: