SlowFISH

C-Block Users - Effective with small baits???

Hey all - 

I really like the "camo" type baits that I've seen online produced with the Anglin AI C-Block.  IF anyone has it - curios to know if the bait size effects the results.  It looks great on 3"-4" beaver style baits....  would assume bigger baits you'd get the same result... but i'm curious on how effective it is on smaller baits.... neds, panfish/crappy plastics.... I shoot everything from big worms/lizards down to the small stuff and would love to know if on the smaller baits it tends to just be one colors showing... that happens at times with my dual injector now where if the shot isn't perfect a few of the baits tend to be one color.

Thanks!

J

1 hour ago, toadfrog said:

2.5 and under is tough to be consistent with . You will just have to settle for what comes out. It gets a little better with bigger baits because you have more flow to get mixed as it passes the block.

That's what I thought since I have same challenge at times with my current double shot block... if it's not perfectly lined up on the mold I get one color baits on smaller stuff.

Otherwise how you find it working?  I've seen on videos there seems to be some sort of "mixing" plate between the block halves.... is it a pain to disassemble/reassemble shoot or pretty easy?  I'm still tempted to get it as the "regular" size baits it seems to produce look great.  Curious how you find it working?

J.

Using the C- block is not hard . But with adding anything to the process you use more time and add cleanup to the process. If you get one try turning the block different directions rather than vertical or horizontal across the mold . If you find a sweet spot mark the mold with a sharpie.

1 hour ago, toadfrog said:

Using the C- block is not hard . But with adding anything to the process you use more time and add cleanup to the process. If you get one try turning the block different directions rather than vertical or horizontal across the mold . If you find a sweet spot mark the mold with a sharpie.

Thanks for the tip.... I tend to think aligned or perpendicular with things.... so good heads up on marking a direction as I'd probably not have tried that!!!

J.

10 hours ago, wallyc14 said:

What I’ve done in the past to swirl and multiple molds is to use copper pipe for plumbing 1/2 to be exact . I take multiple molds a couple of tees and 90’s and make a manifold and shoot through that. It gives you a little more room to swirl.

0E9FF04A-65A3-4332-BEE7-3712FFBA0622.jpeg

C4C3403E-B50B-482F-9D17-49A415E7E15C.jpeg

Man those look nice. Do you have any pics of what you done to make it a little easier to grasp?

No unfortunately I don’t. I’m out of town for then next couple of days. I can when I get back.I am a plumber by trade so copper was what I had in work shop and it takes heat no problem.Only one problem is it wastes some plastic I’ll post up when I get back.