Jump to content
SlowFISH

C-Block Users - Effective with small baits???

Recommended Posts

Hey all - 

 

   I really like the "camo" type baits that I've seen online produced with the Anglin AI C-Block.  IF anyone has it - curios to know if the bait size effects the results.  It looks great on 3"-4" beaver style baits....  would assume bigger baits you'd get the same result... but i'm curious on how effective it is on smaller baits.... neds, panfish/crappy plastics.... I shoot everything from big worms/lizards down to the small stuff and would love to know if on the smaller baits it tends to just be one colors showing... that happens at times with my dual injector now where if the shot isn't perfect a few of the baits tend to be one color.

Thanks!

   J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2.5 and under is tough to be consistent with . You will just have to settle for what comes out. It gets a little better with bigger baits because you have more flow to get mixed as it passes the block.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toadfrog said:

2.5 and under is tough to be consistent with . You will just have to settle for what comes out. It gets a little better with bigger baits because you have more flow to get mixed as it passes the block.

 

That's what I thought since I have same challenge at times with my current double shot block... if it's not perfectly lined up on the mold I get one color baits on smaller stuff.

Otherwise how you find it working?  I've seen on videos there seems to be some sort of "mixing" plate between the block halves.... is it a pain to disassemble/reassemble shoot or pretty easy?  I'm still tempted to get it as the "regular" size baits it seems to produce look great.  Curious how you find it working?

 J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using the C- block is not hard . But with adding anything to the process you use more time and add cleanup to the process. If you get one try turning the block different directions rather than vertical or horizontal across the mold . If you find a sweet spot mark the mold with a sharpie.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toadfrog said:

Using the C- block is not hard . But with adding anything to the process you use more time and add cleanup to the process. If you get one try turning the block different directions rather than vertical or horizontal across the mold . If you find a sweet spot mark the mold with a sharpie.

 

Thanks for the tip.... I tend to think aligned or perpendicular with things.... so good heads up on marking a direction as I'd probably not have tried that!!!

   J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I’ve done in the past to swirl and multiple molds is to use copper pipe for plumbing 1/2 to be exact . I take multiple molds a couple of tees and 90’s and make a manifold and shoot through that. It gives you a little more room to swirl.

0E9FF04A-65A3-4332-BEE7-3712FFBA0622.jpeg

C4C3403E-B50B-482F-9D17-49A415E7E15C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wallyc14 said:

What I’ve done in the past to swirl and multiple molds is to use copper pipe for plumbing 1/2 to be exact . I take multiple molds a couple of tees and 90’s and make a manifold and shoot through that. It gives you a little more room to swirl.

0E9FF04A-65A3-4332-BEE7-3712FFBA0622.jpeg

C4C3403E-B50B-482F-9D17-49A415E7E15C.jpeg

Man those look nice. Do you have any pics of what you done to make it a little easier to grasp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No unfortunately I don’t. I’m out of town for then next couple of days. I can when I get back.I am a plumber by trade so copper was what I had in work shop and it takes heat no problem.Only one problem is it wastes some plastic I’ll post up when I get back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...
Top