Andam22

Dead On Plastix Durability Issues

I have experienced the same issues that have been brought up in this thread and the tube thread. I have tried all of the floating compounds and have had the same issue. I also have tried the black bucket in the slat water blend and it has done fine, but I have only used it for swim frogs. I hope they can get it figured out as I really like a lot of the other properties the floating blends have.

I shot them an email about the problem and they are sending me some hardner  to see if that takes care of it . I’m not to hopefull. . I can’t fault dead on for the lack of quality in their plastic as they are resalers . They can only account for customer service and so far pretty good.

In the beginning (if I'm not mistaken) DO was repackaged bait plastics (polysol) and everyone loved it.   I knew they changed suppliers but didn't know until recently it was to chemionics.  I bought a few gallons of chemionics from Bear back in the day and liked it, but it seems they aren't as consistent anymore.

Well, not to bash ANY resaler, but if you can get the same product from the supplier, why pay anyone elses markup? On Matt's (Anglers Alley) recommendation I spoke with Chad from Polysol and they'll help you find the mix you need, and once you get to the 55 gal range, they'll even mix special for you. I'm going with Bait Plastics once I burn through the two gal of MF I've got coming from Zeiners.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FishBones805 said:

Well, not to bash ANY resaler, but if you can get the same product from the supplier, why pay anyone elses markup? On Matt's (Anglers Alley) recommendation I spoke with Chad from Polysol and they'll help you find the mix you need, and once you get to the 55 gal range, they'll even mix special for you. I'm going with Bait Plastics once I burn through the two gal of MF I've got coming from Zeiners.

Why didn't you get it from M-F direct ?

2 hours ago, FishBones805 said:

The giant signs all over the front page said not to. The 3 month timeline actually came from someone at Zeiners, MF website says up to 5 weeks. At this point, Bait Plastics is cheaper and faster, if the quality is good, I'm switching.

Bait plastics quality is good, never used mf before but BP is some damn good stuff!

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 3:14 PM, FishBones805 said:

Got my latest order from MF today. It only took 15 days.

On 8/26/2020 at 10:18 PM, Dink Master said:

I have been making worms for a long time(over 25 years) and have  used most brands out there.

I like Dead on Plastix  - it stays clear and does no yellow like some of the others.

But something is wrong, a nail weight should not pop out of the side of a worm after one day.

I mixed it well and heated over 350, even if I din't I don't think it should be this temperamental?

Photo 1 - Worm & Nail Weight (White Floating  Swimbait/Jerk Bait)

Photo 2 - Nail Weight Inserted into worm

Photo 3 - 1 Day later  Nail ripped through the side of the worm (worm just sitting in garage)

Worm01.jpg

Worm02.jpg

Worm03.jpg

I remember that this is exactly what was happening to Ferns tubes so it's definitely not a new thing.

• Like 1