Jig Man

Looking for a hook...

A few years ago one of my friends quit bass fishing and became a crappie guy.  I bought all of his hooks.  Most were in 1000 count boxes.  However there was a zip lock bag with some brass colored 90° jig hooks in 2/0.  They are a little larger than an Eagle Claw 570 and a lot stronger.  They are good for shaky in  laydowns and brush piles.  I am seriously running low and don’t have any idea what to order.  Any thoughts?

Ted I hope this is enough info.  I apologize for the sloppy writing.  I had hand surgery a couple of weeks ago and it is still a work in progress.

The top hook is the one I am looking for.  The bottom is a 570 for comparison.  The only size I use in this hook is a 2/0.

90BCC23B-B330-4A0F-8103-8F2DF9958FBE.jpeg

Jig Man,

The closest I found to what you are looking for is the Gami 604. See attached pic. These numbers are almost there with-in a 1/16 of an inch in length and close to the other dimensions. If you need more dimensions, let me know.

604 gamakatsu.jpg

Edited by cadman
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeff Hahn said:

Eagle Claw used to make their regular 570 and also a heavy wire version of the same hook.  They did this with several of their smaller hooks.  You might be looking for the heavy wire version of the 570.

Jeff I inquired about these hooks several years ago, and if I recall correctly EC didn't make them anymore. Now someone somewhere probably has some in stock. The question is who.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fatman said:

Would that be the Eagle Claw 630??  That's the heavy wire version of the 570 and Capt hooks has those if it's the right one.  

The 630 is an O'Shaughnessy Jig Hook, there is(was) an exact 570 hook profile only in a heavier wire.