wallyc14

Bait plastic

I do ALOT of stick baits, bass grubs,trailers, Swimbaits and worms. I have tried dead on and it’s DOA! I have and do use m and f plastic. Expensive ?yes! Good? Yes! In my opinion best stick worm plastic hands down with super soft . Used calhouns when baitjunkys was sellingit. Calhouns makes a great medium plastic. I hobby pour so when I buy plastic I tend to buy 5 gallons at a time and there is no telling how long it will  last. Some times a year some times 3. Kind of a good deal bad deal. As brands and labels change so much.

I was not impressed with dead on so I’ve ordered 5 gallons of bait plastic super soft, medium and medium hard . Can some one give me some in-site into the equivalence of the brands I mentioned above

Thanks!

I can't give you an equivalent advice, But I can tell you this. If your going t5o sustain plastic you need to keep it at 38 to 68 degrees or it degrades . Especially keep it out of the sunlight. Having said that I hate any plastic once used that has an oily residue as I sometimes paint them in different ways . Using different mediums. My proffered Plastic is Bait Plastic until they change formulas as often these companies do . If I'm not doing salt water I use the medium for everything. I always say use them all and I have . Ya just got to find one that fits you . Call Bait Plastics  , Butch might just send you a sample.

Thanks ! I have ordered 5 gallons of individual gallons ranging in hardness. So I guess we will see. Yes I agree MnF is a pretty oil plastic when finished. . What got me to this point is the fact that ordering a gallon of super soft is going to take 5-12 weeks to get ?!? So their website says. I ordered and can wait no biggie. I needed a work around so here we go another hunt for the perfect plastic :-)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Glideb8 said:

Anybody here ever use the Bait Plastics Saltwater Super tough formula?  I just want to know if it's really stiff.  Trying to decide between that and the regular saltwater plastic.

Call or email them and ask...  They've always been very helpful.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Glideb8 said:

Anybody here ever use the Bait Plastics Saltwater Super tough formula?  I just want to know if it's really stiff.  Trying to decide between that and the regular saltwater plastic.

I got a sampler kit from Bait Plastics and I haven't used the #362 Super Tough yet. I did make some 6" worms using their #312 Saltwater formula and I felt that they were to hard for a worm, it's was pretty stiff. I remelted the worms and made some Senkos out of them.

46 minutes ago, Bassmaster Rick said:

I got a sampler kit from Bait Plastics and I haven't used the #362 Super Tough yet. I did make some 6" worms using their #312 Saltwater formula and I felt that they were to hard for a worm, it's was pretty stiff. I remelted the worms and made some Senkos out of them.

I called this morning and asked some questions I had.  He said that he definitely wouldn't use the Super Tough Saltwater for injection molding because it would be way too thick and would stop up the injector.  I'm guessing it would be best for simple open pours.  I'm going to get the normal #312 saltwater plastic.

• Like 1