Fern

Can someone break down what the soft plastic numbers indicate.

I am referring to the numbers like 312 or 362, 142, 242 and so on from Bait Plastics. I do know that the higher the number goes, the harder the plastic but I want to know how they chose those numbers, do they have significance? I reached out to them directly and asked what the significance of that number was and all they told me was that it indicates hardness which for the most part I understood so I asked how they got those numbers and they said "262 = 36/38 & 312 = 43/45". however, i'm no math whiz and didn't understand what this meant. 

so what are the significance of these numbers? I ask at the risk of sounding dumb. oh well. 

12 hours ago, basskat said:

I'm sure it's their formula numbers. When they order that's probably the number they use to get their blend.

Bait Plastics manufacturers their own plastic, they're not a "repackager"...   Maybe the numbers are durometer values.

Edited by bryanmc

23 hours ago, Fern said:

I am referring to the numbers like 312 or 362, 142, 242 and so on from Bait Plastics. I do know that the higher the number goes, the harder the plastic but I want to know how they chose those numbers, do they have significance? I reached out to them directly and asked what the significance of that number was and all they told me was that it indicates hardness which for the most part I understood so I asked how they got those numbers and they said "262 = 36/38 & 312 = 43/45". however, i'm no math whiz and didn't understand what this meant. 

so what are the significance of these numbers? I ask at the risk of sounding dumb. oh well. 

I would contact Bait Plastics and ask them.