350><]-[u|\|T3r

Glide Bait Nose Dive Blues.

20 hours ago, O'baits said:

Also, if you wish to make good "walk-the-dog" glider, then you have to consider that distributing the weight evenly on nose to tail, hinders the desired glide.

I don't want to sound condescending and I am by all means no expert but I don't think I quite understand what you mean. Some of the information I've read on this forum and things I've learned from personal experience are contradictive to these statements. As a total noob, I'd highly appreciate it if you could help me to understand. I'm not too good at not sounding like an arrogant sycophant so I apologize. I'm just trying to learn and for the most part I've been successful.

If by "walk the dog" you mean short quick zig zag back in forth motion - I would agree. 

But from my personal experience of various trials and errors I've found that for a very wide glide from one to two feet or further in each direction is easily achievable by having the weight in grams of lead evenly distributed between nose and tail. I feel as though an equal amount of lead as weight a half inch from nose and a half inch from tail to personally be the best in terms of horizontal fall and glide for my specific shape.

20 hours ago, O'baits said:

If weight is distributes evenly on both sides of the CoF evenly, motion is hindered quite a bit.

I feel as though this is highly dependent on the shape of the bait and henceforth the location of the "cof".

We're actually talking about the same thing but my lack of English throws my post a bit off the track. Not my native language, sorry about this. 

I'll try to explain again. 

Exactly correct, if you want a long glider, then weight is distributes evenly. It still has the zig-zag motion but it's hindered, although, it glides very good.

By this I mean, when weight is distributed evenly, bait turns when you twitch it and then it glides straight or makes a very subtle arc. 

But if you wish to have walk the dog motion, and by this I mean what I and what is thought to be walk the dog motion where I live, meaning the zig-zag and to be more precise, the motion when you reel your bait in and when you make a pause, bait immediately turns, not few degrees but even as far as 180, then most of the weight should be behind CoF.

I think there are two types of walk the dog motions or at least people understand this consept in two different ways;

First is when bait turns by twitching and glides after this,

And second being when you regularly reel the line in and when you stop, the bait immediately turns, even without any twitch. 

It doesn't glide well when weight is behind CoF, but it turns very quickly.

This is what I consider walk the dog motion, you just reel your bait in and it makes swimming motion and when you stop, it makes a turn. And when you twitch this kind of bait, it might do a 180.

So one more time, most of weight behind CoF = fast turn, glide hindered

Weight distributed evenly = very good glide, turning only when twitching. Not turned very good by just stopping your reeling in. 

Weight in front of CoF = doesn't turn on stops, glides probably nose down. 

Hopefully this time I explained more precise. :)

Edited by O'baits
  • Like 1