PescaChar

long-casting inlines?

I'm new to this forum, have already learned a lot about the subtleties of why spinners (don't) spin but would love some advice about building heavy (1 OZ?) spinners that cast far.  I shore fish Lake Michigan and have really increased my Spring/Fall salmon catches with in-lines I've made tinkering with size 5 and up blades (colorado, indiana and french ), heavy brass beads and lead worm weights.  My clevis and wire fit the reccomendations read on this forum and I always use a small brass bead as a bearing.  But some of the heavier builds just dont spin.    I'll keep tinkering, but would love to speed that process up with expert insight.  Thnx

Welcome to TU! in my personal experience the heavier the bait the faster the retrieve to get the blade to spin then slow it back down to see at what speed you have to keep it at for blade rotation.

the heavier baits will need larger blades, knowing exactly what you are building would really help, blades type, size, weight, wire size, beads, basically from end to end. pictures will help also.

• Like 1

Put the weight closer to the hook, like an egg sinker or such. On baits like the Blue Fox musky buck we used to use rubber core sinkers added to the shaft for casting distance and being able to speed reel them.

I make alot of inlines and can attach a picture later, but if you google musky bucktail you will see.