Subvisser7

Looking for an inexpensive but high quality equipment

Storing equipment- if you have a space or wall that you can use, base cabinets on each side of a plywood countertop. Above that some type of exhaust fan and hood and on each side of that a set of cabinets. Maybe some open shelving for stuff you can’t or don’t want to keep in the cabinetry. I’ll try to dig up a pic or two.

worm oil- you can use it to coat finished baits with so they will have some lubricity, slide easily and package better when you try to put them in a mil package. 

scent- you can utilize it several different ways. Add to your cooked plastic before you inject, use in place of worm oil to lubricate and add scent before you package and the baits will absorb the scent in the package. Some guys say the scent bakes off in hot plastic. Personally, I add scent and use like a worm oil. Add it to the package if I want scent. Put scent in hard container with baits, shake and coat, then package. 

Edited by Apdriver
Added content.

On 9/12/2020 at 6:59 PM, Subvisser7 said:

Awesome! I’m excited to get started. I’m a bit nervous about mixing colors.

What I do is if I’m Trying to match a Senko for instants.I hold the bait up in light and look through the bait and match what I see.i don’t try to match it in my hand.The most important thing to remember is close counts. You don’t have to be exact. Unless your OCD and then yes it has to be exact! Lol!

11 minutes ago, wallyc14 said:

Well they are all shiny under the water. Lol

its all personal preference. Fish don’t know any difference.

That's what I was thinking. Is baitmold.com a reputable place to get molds? Or should I stay with angling a.i., Bass tackle and do-it molds?

Edited by Subvisser7

They are fine . It just takes forever to get a mold because of shipping for the Ukraine.I prefer bass tackle and angling a I . Bothe make top notch molds . No slight on do it but their  original Senko mold likes to dent.I have one I should know. I preffer bass tackle 4 inch  stick mold. I’ve made tons of them and they don’t dent unless your shooting at 350. I also have the 7 inch stick. You will also learn with molds that every design is different and each one likes a different temp range when you shot.

Nah ! Easy peazy . Start small that’s the trick. Before you know it you’ll have it down and then you can do laminates and triple laminates. Really is simple to do it’s just a lot to take in at once. Add to that your spending your hard earned cash you want the learning curve small so you don’t waste money. Bait making is fun to do and nothing is better than catching on something you made. Like I said before I’ve been making plastics for 8 years and I’m not stopping any tome soon.

3 hours ago, Subvisser7 said:

Can I get an explanation of bleed on colors? I've noticed that a lot of reds say they bleed and I have no idea what that means? Is that like washing clothes and you end up with pink underwear? Is there a way to prevent it?

Yep you pretty much have it.  Some of my laminates bleed so I only make a few at a time and try to use them before they change.  My worst bleeders are red and chartreuse. 

5 hours ago, Subvisser7 said:

Can I get an explanation of bleed on colors? I've noticed that a lot of reds say they bleed and I have no idea what that means? Is that like washing clothes and you end up with pink underwear? Is there a way to prevent it?

I think it has to do with the size of the color particle, but I don't know for sure.