Gardnaaa

My first time

Hey guys, I’ve been following threads and peeking around the forum for a couple of weeks now. I finally got everything in to make my first open pour mold, which was an epic molds epic pud. I didn’t mix the plastisol up enough my first time, and I literally waited a half hour for it to set up, and never did. Just an ooey gooey mess. I finally got it down and took a picture of my first 3 successful runs and wanted to show you guys because I’m proud of it lol. All comments and criticism are welcome. Thank you everyone who have helped me so far, and all the extra information that was provided on here was great. Stay healthy everyone. 

4234E5F7-D487-45DD-9C22-0D41297BA543.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Curt - RI said:

@Gardnaaa The baits look great!

In the future, however, all photos need to be posted in the gallery section of the site, unless they are being included in a post to demonstrate a specific technique or ask a specific question.

Please keep this in mind in the future :wink:

Oops sorry! I’m still finding my way around the forum. Thanks for letting me know so I know for future reference! Thanks for the kind words everyone. Tight lines! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jig Man said:

They look good.  You might want to do a quick stir between pours so your glitter stays mixed up.

It’s cheap glitter from michaels. It sinks instantly. I stir between pours and literally pull the butter knife out right before I dump it into the mold. I also think since the mold is pretty thick and takes longer to set up the glitter sinks into the bottom as it’s curing. I’ve only done 2 with glitter so far, and 1 regular without, plus I had 2 failed attempts. 

3 hours ago, bryanmc said:

What temp are you pouring at?  The cooler the plastic, the better the glitter will stay suspended.

At the moment 350° just cause that’s what it says on the packaging. And as far as the glitter goes I’m planning on ordering some from lureworks. But shipping is high priced to just ship glitter lol. So I’m waiting until I have a decent sized order to place. What size glitter do you recommend starting with? 

5 hours ago, Gardnaaa said:

At the moment 350° just cause that’s what it says on the packaging. And as far as the glitter goes I’m planning on ordering some from lureworks. But shipping is high priced to just ship glitter lol. So I’m waiting until I have a decent sized order to place. What size glitter do you recommend starting with? 

I think this is a preference thing, but I used a ton of medium (.035) glitter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2020 at 11:54 AM, Gardnaaa said:

At the moment 350° just cause that’s what it says on the packaging.

You need to heat the plastic to 350 for it to fully convert.   When I cook plastic, I take it to 350 and add my colorant.  Then I let it cool to 320 - 330 before I add glitter and pour.  Subsequent reheats don't need to go over 320 or whenever the plastic just gets pourable again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bryanmc said:

You need to heat the plastic to 350 for it to fully convert.   When I cook plastic, I take it to 350 and add my colorant.  Then I let it cool to 320 - 330 before I add glitter and pour.  Subsequent reheats don't need to go over 320 or whenever the plastic just gets pourable again.

Awesome this will help me a bunch! Thank you so much!