Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone.

This is my first post on this site and thought I'd show you my lure drying rack, in case someone is figuring out what kind of rack to build. 

This has an 220V motor with speed of 50r/min. Speed is reduced to 10r/min with two first pulleys, hence the difference is size.

The clamps for the lures, wooden tips on the steel rods, are detachable.

Clamps were originally made to the end of the steel rods (visible in the second pic), but this system where clamps are made from wood and are detachable, is way more handy.

You can just pull it off, attatch to lure, coat the lure and jab it back on while other lures are rotting in rack.

No need for high torgue motor either for this system as this rotates very freely. And lure size doesn't affect this pretty much at all because lures rotate through their longitudinal axis.

The axles, made from steel rods or to be more precise, threadless shanks of long bolts where head and threads are cut off, are hanged by ball bearings, rotated via wooden pulleys, run by elastic rubber bands.

Rack I had before this was with an discoball motor, the kind of drum model that many of the lure builders have. Very bulky and takes a lot of space. Motor broke and didn't want to make another one, desided that this is way more suitable for me as I can hang this on the wall and keep it rotating. Literally doesn't need space at all.

 I'll be happy to answer any questions someone might have, great to be on this site with fellow lure builders.

Cheers, Jarmo from O'baits

Videoframe_20200915_095533_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.thumb.jpg.c61f09ba1b392695827d277ef4abf1af.jpgVideoframe_20200915_102130_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.thumb.jpg.dc3d37deff7c4d7aa37de53af1554009.jpg

Edited by O'baits
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a very good solution. I particularly like the clamps. I used a very similar solution on my drying wheel were the clamps jammed into radial holes.

Dave

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vodkaman said:

This is a very good solution. I particularly like the clamps. I used a very similar solution on my drying wheel were the clamps jammed into radial holes.

Dave

Thank you. I actually got the idea from this site, someone added a photo of this kind of clamps.

And the ease and versatility of these clamps came a bit of surprise, attached this once to bait after sealing it, and took off only after applying final coat of epoxy.

Was very handy when airbrushing, no need to use lock pliers and can attatch and remove painting stand swiftly.

And because these play the part of lock pliers (or whatever you use), you always have something to hold the bait so no constant cleaning off fingerprints between the steps... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you nailed it, that was my post.

You also improved on the idea. Mine were made of aluminium rod and took a fair bit of work to manufacture. Good job.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...
Top