Jig Man

Covering spray paint

There are a couple of colors that I like on spinnerbait heads that I can’t do with powder ( chrome and shiny gold).  I can’t get it to last any time.  I have tried clear nail polish but it just smears the paint.  I base paint with white.  Is there an epoxy or other substance that I can use to get a hard finish?

• Like 1

I've always Used Devcon 2 Ton (D2T) for any of my customers that want a more durable finish, and I have never had any complaints. However, if you are doing this over all white  jig and you want the jig color to pop, then I would suggest E-tex, because D2T has a slight amber tint to it:
|
D2T= very durable but has a tint

E-tex= Whites are bright whit but not as hard as D2T

Personally, I don't let the slight tint in D2T to bother me on the jigs I fish.

3 hours ago, Jig Man said:

There are a couple of colors that I like on spinnerbait heads that I can’t do with powder ( chrome and shiny gold).  I can’t get it to last any time.  I have tried clear nail polish but it just smears the paint.  I base paint with white.  Is there an epoxy or other substance that I can use to get a hard finish?

You might try spraying a water-based clear coat over the spray paint, and then try the nail polish.