Apdriver

Lurework/Spike-It Pourasol

I know some guys use their plastic. I have some questions about it. 
1. Does it take multiple reheats well if you kick it over and then only reheat to low 300’s?

2. Does it hard pack?
3. How’s the odor if you get a whiff? Strong?

Anything else positive or negative you have to say. Thinking about trying a few gallons.

Edited by Apdriver
Added content

23 minutes ago, basskat said:

What brand are using now?

I haven’t bought any in awhile. I’m on the last of my Calhoun’s I bought from Leonard. From doing a search, Ozark Tackle is selling Calhoun’s but they want 36.- a gallon. Fringe tackle maybe another selling but on Facebook. I don’t have an acct. I sent Calhoun a message on who I could buy retail from early this week and they haven’t replied. Just searching around for some reliable source and good plastic that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. Got any ideas? 

After trying a bunch of different brands, I went back to MF. Mainly for their soft sinking plastic. More expensive, but they were showing free shipping. After comparing the lower cost brands, once shipping was added on, the savings wasn't all that much. Shipping costs for everybody have gone through the roof!

Maybe $10 more tops per gallon to get exactly what I wanted.  I'm a hobby bait maker. Just make for myself and friends. I go through maybe a gallon every 6 weeks.

Did just see a notice on their web page that they're way behind on shipping due to all that's going on. Don't know if all suppliers are having the same issues.

• Like 1

I've switched to bait plastics and have been satisfied with it. I think six gallons is like $114 and that includes shipping. 

I tried the Lure Works and had lots of issues with bubbles plus their shipping was ridiculous. If they'd get the price down I'd try it again.

MF is probably the best available but their price rules them out.

Haven't tried the Dead On but hear that it's pretty good.

If my memory is correct, bait plastics and dead on both resell polysol.

This is copied from their website(Polysol). “Polysol and Bait Plastics LLC offers a complete line of products to support the Soft Bait Manufacture

A guy awhile back had some issues with it splitting while trying to insert do its ultra minnow inside a tube made out of dead on. All I’m going to do is stick a hook in it most likely. Heck, if It’s breaking hearts and taking home cash,  I gotta like it! :yay:

9 hours ago, Apdriver said:

If my memory is correct, bait plastics and dead on both resell polysol.

If I remember correctly, Bait Plastics is the manufacturer of polysol.  Dead On used sell polysol under their label, but now use a different supplier.  I currently use Bait Plastics and haven't had any issues with it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bassmaster Rick said:

I had a good order in with Lure Works/Spike it and then found out that they sponsor Mike Iaconelli, so I quickly canceled the order. I'm having good success using MF sinking and medium plastisol and Bait Plastics plastisol. 

Ok I will bite .. 

Ike ? what's with that ? 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 9:54 PM, Apdriver said:

I haven’t bought any in awhile. I’m on the last of my Calhoun’s I bought from Leonard. From doing a search, Ozark Tackle is selling Calhoun’s but they want 36.- a gallon. Fringe tackle maybe another selling but on Facebook. I don’t have an acct. I sent Calhoun a message on who I could buy retail from early this week and they haven’t replied. Just searching around for some reliable source and good plastic that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. Got any ideas? 

Contact Jeff @ Top Shelf Tackle, He has just finalized everything and is the new distributor of Calhoun's plastic. 

• Thanks 1