Scork

Are there any alternatives for coloring soft bait

So i live in denmark and found someone selling plastisol on facebook. They are called high 5 lures. I looked at their website but seems like they only sells the plasisol and already made lure. No dye or anything. Are here some alternatives dyes for semi transparent? (im new to this and waiting for the plastisol to come and i 3d print molds and masters so its ready when the plastic comes.)

I know you can use fine mica powders to color plastic. It’s used in automotive paints. I know they have some powdered dyes, also. Stay away from anything water based as it causes all kind of bubbles plus if you introduce water to 350 Fahrenheit plastic it would produce a lot of steam as it evaporates, then all the bubbles.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Apdriver said:

I know you can use fine mica powders to color plastic. It’s used in automotive paints. I know they have some powdered dyes, also. Stay away from anything water based as it causes all kind of bubbles plus if you introduce water to 350 Fahrenheit plastic it would produce a lot of steam as it evaporates, then all the bubbles.

Ok ill remember to buy some powder dye thanks. :)

6 minutes ago, Vodkaman said:

Has anyone tried artist's oil paints?

Just throwing the idea out there.

Dave

My sis bought a children artist set. Its a set with like 54 pcs and she dont wanted the oil pastels and gave them to me. Ive thougt that i could could use them but havent found any vid on that but i found soe post saying u could use that. But thanks anyway:)

All of the artist OIL paints that I have tried work well with the plastisol. They are pigments so don't bleed.  One of the problems

is measuring volume from a OIL paint tube to replicate a new batch of plastic.  The paints are well concentrated and the volumes

can be quite small.  I made a tool from 1/2 x1/8 aluminum stock with a series of holes drilled.  You squeeze a hole full-

wipe it flush and stir it into the plastisol.  Heating the plastisol too just below the jell state helps to clear the hole.

P9290772A.jpg

• Like 1

powder paint (blandes i en lille flaske med plastisol som farve..er meget stærk farve)

testing out Hemway | Powder Pigment - Postbox Red / 100g (ebay) today..I let you see it later

and I got Metallic Tangerine Orange in the mail..0h well..

Metallic Chalk White are more perl not snow white

Metallic Tangerine Orange are spot on

Metallic Purple Violet are spot on

look like the pigment mix well: Orange + Violet = red

pigment does not appear to settle to the bottom after 2 days( dyemix of 100g pigment+400g plastisol)

the Metallic look .. I like it...its up yo you

3farver.jpg.b506eab4df376774400334291d54808f.jpgfarveskema.jpg.1bd9ac1b9dfc868483d414c4415c115c.jpg

Edited by OIR