Alex B

Injectors

Has anyone had any experience with the company Quality Injector and more?  I believe they are only on facebook.  I have seen some people complain about their injectors on facebook, but their reviews are good.  I saw that Chris Jones from World's Worst Fishing on Youtube had one of their big injectors, but in his most recent video, he mentions that he can't use his big injector right now because he is having problems with it.  I should backup and say, I'm new to making baits and I'm gathering all the stuff I need to get started.  My thought process on injectors was, buy a dual kit and if I want to do a single color just use one side of the kit. I just don't want to blow $200 + on a dual injector kit that I will have problems with in the future.

4 minutes ago, toadfrog said:

Probably should ask that question on FB since more people on there have purchased them from that platform. I can say I haven't heard any complaints.

There are a lot of mix reviews, and because the owner watches and responds regularly I came here to ask.  Some of the bait making group posts about their injectors have gotten pretty heated, even to the point of threatening lawsuits.  So I don't think I will get an unbias answer there. I don't want to bash anyone or company.

I own the first set of Basstackle Twinjectors ever made and still have them. They are tanks and built well. I have a video from 2008 that I used then in and to this day have never had an issue. Look me up and see how they have evolved to what you see now. Franksrooty2 is my YouTube name. Just a fair warning There’s no beer or drums I am doing this to show how I use the Twinjector. Not entertaining just teaching. 

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Would you say that a twin 3oz injector is a good starting point? or go ahead and get the twin 6oz?  

Also, Do you see any problem with my line of thinking about buying the twin as my first and if I want to shoot one color, just using one side of it?   

Thanks for the responses guys, like I said, I'm new and trying to gain as much knowledge as possible.  This forum seems to be one of the top places to gain it.  Please don't be afraid to tell me that I'm messing up or what I should be doing.

Yes another vote for the 6 oz. Way back when it was new I was a fan of starting with the 3 oz just because it was smaller. There’s still a learning curve but I think the biggest challenge is keeping the plastic the same temp or at least 10 deg from each other. When starting out it good to ask and know the reason for price differences. Just so you know it is the same with molds so ask away. 

• Like 2

Thanks a lot guys!  Ya'll are great! 

Any thoughts on what I'm missing/need (besides cups, microwave, griddle)?

So far I have: 

Plastisol-Dead on Worm blend -5 gallons

4 cavity ribbon tail worm mold, 5" core shot stick worm, and 4" open pour swim bait, a few basic colors and glitter, heat stabilizer, and some scent.  Also, I had a vac chamber already.    

listen to your gut on the quality injector, i have one and once it got the correct orings (took over a year to get them from the company) it works great. i wont be buying another from them, the customer service isnt what it should be.

i have a 10oz basstackle single, a 6oz basstackle dual and a 3oz basstackle triple. they are worth the price, though the triple is super tight, even using the 3ozers in my dual setup, hoping with more use it will loosen some, as my single and dual are easy to use and super smooth.

make sure you mix mix mix that dead on!

• Like 1

Twin 6 ounce all the way. I actually purchased one off of Frank last year & really like it. I had a 6 & a 10 ounce basstackle already before getting the twin off of Frank. I also had one fromBaitplastics which was the one from Quality Injector & i was never able to make the first shot with it. Baitplastic returned mine & many others money. I will also say that a lot of  that have them & don't have any problems with them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Canga~ said:

I oil my rings with the injector oil that comes with basstackle injectors before every use and as needed during use.

I do before i start & if i feel it start to tighten up the slightest amount i oil it which is usually every 4 to 6 shots. I keep a pint bottle of worm oil on the bench & pour some down the tube, replace nozzle & squirt  back into the bottle. Works out great & i've been using the same pint for way over 2 years. .