MaddoxBay

Jointed Lucky Craft Pointer

I can't read Japanese but according to the 2004 catelog I have, it's rated at 30lb & the construction being double wire that'd make it 60lb!!?? So I guess using SS wire will be sufficient. Titanium sound a little exotic... but who's to say LC uses a lot of T. If I meet up with the rep here sometime soon I'll ask him. (I'm curious too)

BTW, I just finished constructing one with SS wire :D will post after painting, been putting it off; too many pieces to paint.

Blades,

There are a couple of type of SS Wire. I made one with the soft 49 strend type & it retains it's springiness because the joints are close enough togather & the cuts (on the lure) restricts the wire from really bending till it deform & losses it's "spring". I don't own an LC but the one I made the swimming action is really "close to live" if I may say. I think this is creadited to the SS wire, it is really different from "broken-back" type of jointed lure.

I'm giving too much away :D Wait for my post when the epoxy is dry on the new lure. :P

I set mine up a little different...I only used one treble in the head of the bait.I didn't have to worry about pressure on the joints from a rear treble hook-up. It worked great, and I didn't seem to lose any fish because of only one treble.

These are REALLY time consuming to make..but alot of fun.I made my first one about 3 years ago before the Live pointer ever came out..Nathan

I set mine up a little different...I only used one treble in the head of the bait.I didn't have to worry about pressure on the joints from a rear treble hook-up. It worked great' date=' and I didn't seem to lose any fish because of only one treble.

These are REALLY time consuming to make..but alot of fun.I made my first one about 3 years ago before the Live pointer ever came out..Nathan[/quote']

This is amazing, exact echo of what I did up to the time factor. If we're to exchange making notes & the mistakes along the way I wouldn't be surprise it will tally up too :) I guess there can only be so many way to "reinvent" the wheel :D I used 2 single hook on the head though..... 3 years later :D Nathan, please show us some pic.