4/0

Couple of jigs I made

Look good overall.  I haven't fished preacher jigs in some time.

Based on the photos looks like you may need to keep tension on your wraps.  First two much better.  Some may be a little "thin" in bulk.  the second jig pictured looks like tops.

I have a bag of pheasant and wood duck feathers that I had intended to tie some jigs and feathered trebles with just haven't.  Need to dig stuff out for this winter and knock some rust off (not that I could ever tie a decent jig).

I can’t comment on the tying part. I’m a novice myself. The paint part, to me looks very good. Those are fish catchers for sure. Very nice color combos and your tap method is spot on. Not too much, just enough to accent the bait nicely. What did you use for a topcoat? Looks very good.

Didn't mean to post in the wrong section. Still learning my way around here.

I've read some stuff on bucktail that using to much will give less " fluff". I'm putting a wrap of short hair 3/8" or so on the collar first to try to help the longer hair flair out more. Experimenting with that.

The thread has been tricky for me tension wise,  I break it quite a bit and I some Ultra thread coming to try.

The paint is fun and frustrating at the same time if that makes any sense. I have learned that when you dip the brush into the powder the next step is to tap the brush over the jar a couple times so there is little powder left on the brush. Heating is also tricky.

Been trying different epoxy's but they yellow quickly. I found this CS coatings product ( clear not the UV ) at Barlow's  and does not yellow but when I use the clearcoat over Red eyes it clouds the eye. Just on the Red ones. So still working on that.

Thanks,

4/0

• Like 1