2marshall8

Basstackle Injector - action isn't smooth

I just got a dual injection 6oz from basstackle and when sucking or pushing plastic it's not a smooth continuous action and I will have these moments where the injector just jerks upwards or downwards very fast, so I have to quickly stabilize to compensate for when it gives way like this. I've put injector oil on the o-rings and also sprayed wd40 on the inside of the injectors and it doesn't help. any ideas on why this is?

It will be like that till it gets used a bit. Loosen the top knobs a little and also the top of the injector tubes. This will help it break in and loosen up. After awhile it will be just fine. Try and not tighten those part to much they don’t need it and will ensure a long life of your injectors. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frank said:

It will be like that till it gets used a bit. Loosen the top knobs a little and also the top of the injector tubes. This will help it break in and loosen up. After awhile it will be just fine. Try and not tighten those part to much they don’t need it and will ensure a long life of your injectors. 

good advice. So these are actually more valuable after they are broken in :). I'll definitely do that. thanks

7 hours ago, Bass-Boys said:

also oil the rod that the handles are on .

3 hours ago, toadfrog said:

It will do that if you have boogers in your plastic(unmelted plastic chunks)

+1 on both above.... make sure while your breaking it in (actually all the time)  you should shoot some oil, wd-40, pam, etc. in the barrel to keep it sliding nice and smooth.... and as mentioned the rod and back cap usually need to wear in a bit - oil helps it slide easy at first - but a little wear in that area over time will "fix" the issue.... you could just cycle the injector a whole lot (no plastisol) to help break it in some.

If it's sliding nice and smooth when oiled / empty it should be smooth during use - if it's still choppy - you probably have plastisol build up between the plunger and the back cap which can clog airflow and make it harder to use.  Take it apart - lube it and it should work fine.

J.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 2marshall8 said:

put up a pic.

A Twinjector history. First pic the first Twinjectors sold. This one has the locking pins I put in. Second a very early 6oz set up. And last a very modified production set. Top has linear bearings and steel shafts. I use these one almost exclusively even for single colors. As you can see they have evolved to what you have now 133618E2-3798-462B-BF49-142729AFA0FA.thumb.jpeg.4b531da47192363478b7b556db69d96e.jpeg31CAA68E-B3D1-40E9-BE25-0B5875396477.thumb.jpeg.8bd1726dfe22f6e17dfd63e4e8af1ee1.jpeg07DF9E5C-D740-43A7-ADD1-61DEF0152C42.thumb.jpeg.51c78936c5fa16c4315528ea3a0adced.jpeg

• Like 1