Jump to content

Recommended Posts

BassTackle has several, realy good looking craws. I like the 702 craw, but forgot who is making it now, It is still available, somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most realistic. The Icraw that do it has is pretty dang realistic. Personally, I don’t think it will out fish the 702. JMO though. Bobs Tackle Shack (BTS) has the 702. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Apdriver said:

The most realistic. The Icraw that do it has is pretty dang realistic. Personally, I don’t think it will out fish the 702. JMO though. Bobs Tackle Shack (BTS) has the 702. 

Hows the action compare on that 702 from BTS compared to a strike king rage craw, or rage bug, or another "flanged" type craw? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 2marshall8 said:

Hows the action compare on that 702 from BTS compared to a strike king rage craw, or rage bug, or another "flanged" type craw? 

It has very good action and at one time was “The” craw to have as a hand pourer. The mold was very expensive and if one came up on the used market was gone the same hour. Now the price has came down some even on a new one and the craw has fallen out of favor some, I believe. Still an effective bait, though. If you want to try some PM me your info and I’ll send you a few. Better than buying the mold sight unseen. He used to sell a tip mold for it too. Not sure about now, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've pretty much settled on the Bass Tackle 731. Seems to be the closest to the Yamo Fat Baby Craw. Which we fish on a plain round head jighead.

Reasonably priced as well. We fish a lot of rocky areas for small mouth, and needless to say lose a lot of jigheads and plastics.  So at their price I can get a 4 cavity, make a ton of baits, and not go to the poorhouse.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2020 at 4:49 AM, Tiderunner said:

I've pretty much settled on the Bass Tackle 731. Seems to be the closest to the Yamo Fat Baby Craw. Which we fish on a plain round head jighead.

Reasonably priced as well. We fish a lot of rocky areas for small mouth, and needless to say lose a lot of jigheads and plastics.  So at their price I can get a 4 cavity, make a ton of baits, and not go to the poorhouse.

 

I have fished those craws on a homemade Jika rig, using the elongated Team Davies Ventana tear drop shaped weights, which don't seem to get hung up as much when I'm fishing rip rap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...
Top