Tiderunner

Craws

1 hour ago, Apdriver said:

The most realistic. The Icraw that do it has is pretty dang realistic. Personally, I don’t think it will out fish the 702. JMO though. Bobs Tackle Shack (BTS) has the 702. 

Hows the action compare on that 702 from BTS compared to a strike king rage craw, or rage bug, or another "flanged" type craw? 

9 hours ago, 2marshall8 said:

Hows the action compare on that 702 from BTS compared to a strike king rage craw, or rage bug, or another "flanged" type craw? 

It has very good action and at one time was “The” craw to have as a hand pourer. The mold was very expensive and if one came up on the used market was gone the same hour. Now the price has came down some even on a new one and the craw has fallen out of favor some, I believe. Still an effective bait, though. If you want to try some PM me your info and I’ll send you a few. Better than buying the mold sight unseen. He used to sell a tip mold for it too. Not sure about now, though.

I've pretty much settled on the Bass Tackle 731. Seems to be the closest to the Yamo Fat Baby Craw. Which we fish on a plain round head jighead.

Reasonably priced as well. We fish a lot of rocky areas for small mouth, and needless to say lose a lot of jigheads and plastics.  So at their price I can get a 4 cavity, make a ton of baits, and not go to the poorhouse.

On 10/23/2020 at 4:49 AM, Tiderunner said:

I've pretty much settled on the Bass Tackle 731. Seems to be the closest to the Yamo Fat Baby Craw. Which we fish on a plain round head jighead.

Reasonably priced as well. We fish a lot of rocky areas for small mouth, and needless to say lose a lot of jigheads and plastics.  So at their price I can get a 4 cavity, make a ton of baits, and not go to the poorhouse.

I have fished those craws on a homemade Jika rig, using the elongated Team Davies Ventana tear drop shaped weights, which don't seem to get hung up as much when I'm fishing rip rap.

I just fish my craws on a round head jig. Bare. Although I have been tying some matching bucktails lately to use with craws, but haven't tested them thoroughly yet, because it seems every time I want to get out the conditions suck.

My son will fish craws on a EWG hook, and an unpegged bullet weight.In a day fishing smallies we may go through 3 dozen baits. Snagging has gotten better since I started pouring tin jigs. Non toxic laws here in New England. The slower fall of tin jigs keeps them out of the rocks longer.