4/0

Fluid Bed Rebuild

I thought that this is the best place to post this. The parts came in that I ordered and I have been looking at this and thinking ( oh Lord ) and this is what I came up with.

Ordered the vibratory motors that Kasil recommended and I also got these speed controls. They have a high and low voltage with the rheostat so you have a wide range of variable speed with the motors.

To mount the motors I scribed ( roughly )  some 3/4" PVC bd. to the 3" ABS end caps and used my belt sander to shape it. Glued it with PVC pipe glue and because of the vibration I wanted a mechanical fastener so I countersunk some ss screws. To try to isolate the vibration I found some rubber T - nuts and used a ss screw slipped thru the T-nut. The wood base was shaking some  ( expected ) so I had some felt pads that I put on the base and that helped quite a bit.

To power the motors which are DC.  I used an old battery that came out of my boat and I will have that hooked up to a maintainer ( just on a charger now ).

Made it out plywood laying around and a piece of 3/4 fir leftover. 

fliud bed rebuild 001.JPG

fliud bed rebuild 002.JPG

fliud bed rebuild 004.JPG

fliud bed rebuild 006.JPG

I don't have any videos. Honestly not sure how to make them. It does the job though. I put some felt blocks on the wood base because it was sliding around and I do have to clamp it to table with a C-vise grip if I have all three cups rotating close to max.

The chrome bond powder that I have been using for a first coat on translucent colors is now fluidizing ( if that is a word) which I could not get it to before.

One thing I was wrong about in my above description about the speed controls. They do Not have a high and low speed. They reverse direction of rotation. So you have on/off power and variable speed with dial.

I made several cups , so I just put in a different cup when I want a different color ( kasil's idea ). Get a new color, make a new cup.