CollinW22

Help with Zoom Tennessee Shad

Try as I may I can't get the top color right. Started with LW Carolina Pumpkin and green hi-lite, and it's not dark enough. Added small amount of black, threw the shade off. Ordered LW mint brown, no where close. It looks to be a transparent brown with green hi-lite but on the orange side. All the browns I find have too much red. Any suggestions?

5inch-Boot-Tail-Fluke-Tenn-Shad.jpg

zoom-z-swim-swimbait-tennessee-shad-9.jpg

TennShad.jpg

Well, I got the main color close with Green Pumpkin, Orange and Watermelon but as soon as I put green highlight in it (no mater how little), It brightens and clouds the main color. The more I look at my sample, the more I think they use an ultra fine glitter or a pearl instead of hi-lite.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CollinW22 said:

Well, I got the main color close with Green Pumpkin, Orange and Watermelon but as soon as I put green highlight in it (no mater how little), It brightens and clouds the main color. The more I look at my sample, the more I think they use an ultra fine glitter or a pearl instead of hi-lite.

I think you may be right.  I always add my glitter to my cooked plastic before I add my color, because glitter will change the color by itself.  A fine green glitter should not affect the color as dramatically as hi-lite power, and should help you get the bait color you're looking for.