nils1990

Problem

Hi, 

I also started pouring rubber baits. But I have a problem - photo .... I want to ask what could be the problem? Is it air in plastic or a poorly vented mold? Any other problem?
Bait is small, 4cm (centimeters)

Thank you in advance for your reply

Vladimir
Czech Republic
 (sorry, my english no good) IMG-20201101-132829.jpgIMG-20201101-132853.jpgIMG-20201101-132855.jpgIMG-20201101-142454.jpgIMG-20201101-132923.jpg

Could be a bit of the air in the plastic, or the plastic isn’t hot enough. When I poured my baits, it seems that it got the most air bubbles at temperatures under 340 degrees Fahrenheit. Hope that will help. 

P.S, where did you get the mold? I’ve been looking for the berkley nymph mold for a while now. Thanks!

thx guys

temperature changes did not help. 

I was also advised to change the rubber, so I tried Medium and the result is almost perfect. I think if I get even more air from the baits, the result will be perfect

The question is how the harder bait will then flutter in the water ... maybe I'll have to add a softener

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McLuvin175 said:

Its entraped air that didnt vent properly. What was the orientation of your mold when you shot it? On its end? On its edge? Or laid flat?

McLuvin is right.  I get that on a lizard mold I have as well. 

You can try a couple things:

Without messing with mold - try different temps - maybe a little hotter shot might let that air push out before closing up.

Try different filling speeds.... maybe a slower push on plunger will allow air to evacuate easier before shutting off.  I'd also try faster cause sometimes logic doesn't work in physics.  LOL!

If you just can't get those bubbles out with temp/speed/etc. you might need to mess with the mold.

If I were to do it - I'd probably open the vents at the legs to push that air out a little easier.  Maybe even score a few in between each leg at top of each rib .  Sometimes bodies with ribs work great - sometimes they are just a PITA.  You can probably use a utility knife to score the mold - you don't need a big cut to let air out... score with knife then wet sand a little bit with 400-600 sand paper to remove burr.

If that didn't do it...  I'd also think about filing a slight round on the edge where the bubble stops - which looks like right at the edge of the legs... might help that air "roll" around into the leg and out the vent.... 

I think you can probably get most of it out with process (heat/pressure/speed)... but some molds are just annoying.

J.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nils1990, I realize now, that I gave you wrong information, about how to correct your problem with air bubbles. What I told you would help if you had a denting problem, but not with trapped air.  What slowfish told you is very much what you are probably needing to check. It  does look like trapped air, instead of several dents.

Sorry , I would not intentially send you in the wrong direction.

Hope you get it lined out.

• Like 1