RPM

Shallow Crankbait color / pattern questions

Whats your favorite colors / patterns for Sqaure Bills fishing around Rip Rap and lay down timber? I have a buddy wanting some differnt colored  plugs for an up coming fishing trip and the locals have been catching them along rip rap banks and the banks fishing larger laydowns. Looking to hear others favorite colors as I've seemed to lean toward shad colored / pattern plugs this year and not really sure how I would paint them, He is ok with whatever I come up with but hoping maybe a few others might have a suggestion or two. Thanks in advance   

Thanks guys, he has been in contact with a few others that have fished this lake and they said anything Chartruese when the water dirty's up, which it might as they are predicting rain for the next few days, and a craw color thats a muted Orange / Brown, Bone belly ? said KVD fished a similar color pattern a few years ago on a Missouri lake? I'll have to look and see if it's a factory color or maybe something he had custom painted, or prototype. But thank you for the help.  

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1