HudsonHammerBaits

Hooks from BTI...

I'm not trying to be rude here but bear with me.

To be honest I have to ask why?

If shorty's has the hooks why order them all the way from China?

I mean I could order my finished jigs from there as well and most likely be cheaper than ordering from you right?

I understand that if a mold calls for a hook made in China we may not have much choice.

But I try to support american vendors as much as I can. Even if it cost me a bit more for those hooks.

Besides the fact that I'm not waiting on my hooks to ship from China if Shorty's has them in stock.

So I'm wondering is it really worth it to save a couple bucks a year on hooks?

Not for me isn't!

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 5:46 PM, Kasilofchrisn said:

I'm not trying to be rude here but bear with me.

To be honest I have to ask why?

If shorty's has the hooks why order them all the way from China?

I mean I could order my finished jigs from there as well and most likely be cheaper than ordering from you right?

I understand that if a mold calls for a hook made in China we may not have much choice.

But I try to support american vendors as much as I can. Even if it cost me a bit more for those hooks.

Besides the fact that I'm not waiting on my hooks to ship from China if Shorty's has them in stock.

So I'm wondering is it really worth it to save a couple bucks a year on hooks?

Not for me isn't!

Your from Alaska , China may be closer. lol

2 hours ago, Judgie said:

Your from Alaska , China may be closer. lol

Yeah lots of things pass through here in route from asia. In fact our first case of covid was a crew member on a cargo flight from asia that landed in Anchorage. Anchorage is the world's 5 largest cargo airport because of our proximity to asia.

I find in all cases that shipping from the USA is much quicker than from China regardless of where in the USA it ships from and keep in mind I do live in Alaska.

If I lived in the lower 48 states shipping from a USA vendor will be even quicker and from china could take longer.

Edited by Kasilofchrisn

I know the fellow i buy all of my jigs from said mustad has a generic chinese hook, but he decided against using  them when his supplier tried to get him to try them because of being cheaper.  The  hooks he uses  don't rust & he had samples sent to him & he said the generic mustad  would pretty quick.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:47 AM, Les Young said:

I know the fellow i buy all of my jigs from said mustad has a generic chinese hook, but he decided against using  them when his supplier tried to get him to try them because of being cheaper.  The  hooks he uses  don't rust & he had samples sent to him & he said the generic mustad  would pretty quick.

If the points are dull and the eye is crooked than they are real Mustads.

Allen