Cuda

Stout hook replacements for Freestyle Jig Mold

Model FST 6-A   (3/16th-1/2 oz.)

90 degree jig hook style.

I'm looking to use a heavier hook than the recommended  Mustad 32746's, Owner 5318's, or Gama 114's.  Basically I want to use these in saltwater and need to go with a beefier hook.  The Gama 604s do fit and cast well, but want to know if there are other options anyone has used.  The mold requires a jig with a bit longer eye stem  (think Mustad 32746s), so I am just eeking these out with the shorter eye stem from the Gama 604s.   

The Eagle Claw 635s are tinned and appear to have a bit longer eye stem, but I have not used them before nor do I have them in my possession.  The Mustad 32833s look like they might be a good choice as well. At the end of the day, I don't need Gama hooks, and frankly would prefer to find a more cost friendly option.  They don't need to be tinned either.

Any advice, discussion or direction would be appreciated.  I can always mod, but no point in modding if there are options out there :)

Cuda

Edited by Cuda
  • Like 1