jigswimmer

Light wire swim jig hook

14 minutes ago, Munkin said:

The Mustad you mentioned is the light wire one you are looking for. I would suggest you try the Eagle Claw one as well. The Gamakatsu he uses is a custom hook and the only way you can get them is buy 50k of them.

Allen

Thanks Allen! Do you know what the hook number is for the EC hook, off hand? No big deal if you don’t. I can find it. I thought I read somewhere that the Gama hook would have to be purchased in huge lots. I’m just looking for myself, not production scale. 

11 minutes ago, jigswimmer said:

Thanks Allen! Do you know what the hook number is for the EC hook, off hand? No big deal if you don’t. I can find it. I thought I read somewhere that the Gama hook would have to be purchased in huge lots. I’m just looking for myself, not production scale. 

L2724 is the model number, you can also bend hooks to 30 degrees.

Allen

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Munkin said:

Here is a comparison on the two hooks I use the most. Top hook is the EC in 5/0, bottom is the Gamakatsu 345 in 4/0. Gamakatsu has a wider gap and is thicker while the EC is longer.

Allen

30 degree hooks.jpg

30 degree hooks2.jpg

Thanks Allen. I can't seem to find a source for the EC hook. Barlows doesn't have it, nor does LPO. Any suggestions for another source?

5 minutes ago, jigswimmer said:

Thanks Allen. I can't seem to find a source for the EC hook. Barlows doesn't have it, nor does LPO. Any suggestions for another source?

Not sure then but I did get some from one of those places? I by mine from Shorty's by the thousands now.

Allen

6 hours ago, jigswimmer said:

Gotcha. Thanks. I certainly don't need 1000+. I might just give that light wire Mustad 32724 a try.

There isn't much difference between the two and 97% of people cannot tell them apart. If you just want a few to try I can send you some? I have at least 900 of them right now.

Allen

• Like 1