jigswimmer

Do it wobble jig

Yes, I have it have poured it and have only used it for crappie. It is really meant for a aberdeen #570 hook. However I am sure a #32746 hook will fit as well, which is a much better hook. I can tell you that this was originally a Cabela's only jig mold about 6 years ago. The agreement between Cabela's and Do-It must have run out and now Do-It sells it on its website. With that said, there are a few problems with this mold. You will not be able to go up one hook size but you will be able to go down a hook size. There just is no room the way this mold is designed (this is based on the mold I have that is about 10 years old. The other issue is you cannot put a thicker hook in the mold, there is just no room without modifying the body as well and if you go through all of that, it really is not worth it. Finally, the thickness of the profile. The smallest head is about .090 and the biggest head is about .120-.125. .When you put the hook in the mold, many times the lead won't cover the hook shank, because of the design of the mold. This is more common on the two smallest heads. There just isn't enough body to cover the hook shank. Maybe the current molds they produce are a bit thicker. In my opinion, there are better bass jig mold. I would leave this one for crappies, panfish or walleye.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cadman said:

Yes, I have it have poured it and have only used it for crappie. It is really meant for a aberdeen #570 hook. However I am sure a #32746 hook will fit as well, which is a much better hook. I can tell you that this was originally a Cabela's only jig mold about 6 years ago. The agreement between Cabela's and Do-It must have run out and now Do-It sells it on its website. With that said, there are a few problems with this mold. You will not be able to go up one hook size but you will be able to go down a hook size. There just is no room the way this mold is designed (this is based on the mold I have that is about 10 years old. The other issue is you cannot put a thicker hook in the mold, there is just no room without modifying the body as well and if you go through all of that, it really is not worth it. Finally, the thickness of the profile. The smallest head is about .090 and the biggest head is about .120-.125. .When you put the hook in the mold, many times the lead won't cover the hook shank, because of the design of the mold. This is more common on the two smallest heads. There just isn't enough body to cover the hook shank. Maybe the current molds they produce are a bit thicker. In my opinion, there are better bass jig mold. I would leave this one for crappies, panfish or walleye.

Thanks for the insight cadman. I appreciate it. I was just looking through the mold offerings from do it and noticed this resembled the slider jigs somewhat. Thanks again!