Tiderunner

Dual Injectors

Getting tired of cutting makeshift laminate plates out of aluminum flashing. While they work great they're too slow. Decided to forego any new molds for a while and get a dual injector instead.

Recommendations? I looked at the Bass Tackle one. Out of my price range, and unavailable anyway. Don't feel like waiting for one to come from overseas so that option is out.

Do-It? Price is reasonable. What is everyone using? Want to keep it under $200.

I can give a few tips:

1. get the big laminating block not (never) the small one

block.jpg.0b6813c1600a5d0ede1d28f19305b270.jpg

2. some dual injector are "crosseyes"

(take of the o-rings an see if the 2 piston aree center in the pipes)

helps if you use a drill and use it to grind an oval hole toward the center

cross.jpg.3a0b9ac877a604921a5ba2ba6831cd1d.jpg

we are talking about 1/10 part of a mm or lees..it helps a lot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CNC Molds N Stuff said:

I've used a bunch of different injectors and made several of my own.  I just like Basstackle Injectors the best.  

Yep i totally agree Bob. I've had a dual injector from Authentic Hand Made on  Ebay & didn't like it at all. It drew up & contracted  way to much for me & got extremely hot very quickly.  I changed orings & done a little modification to the tube its self & it worked alright. I also had a 9 ouncer from the bad batch that baitplastics got from quality injector & had to send it back after only making 1 shot with it. I have a Basstackle single 6 ouncer & a dual 6 ouncer in the twin injector & they're by far my favorites & don't plan on changing anytime soom. I had a 10 ouncer from Basstackle too & it was top notch too.   :yay:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CNC Molds N Stuff said:

I've used a bunch of different injectors and made several of my own.  I just like Basstackle Injectors the best.  

+2 - I've been through a couple single injectors and still tinker with them to try and get them to work smoothly and mess with the endcaps to allow quick removal - was pretty much a waste of my time.... as my Basstackle injector is smooth and built very very well.... super fast to pop endcap off (SAFELY) and clean if i'm doing small batches in microwave.

For the extra money you spend compared to a crappy EBAY injector it's totally worth it - this is a tool you use for EVERY bait you make... don't skimp.

J.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SlowFISH said:

For the extra money you spend compared to a crappy EBAY injector it's totally worth it - this is a tool you use for EVERY bait you make... don't skimp.

J.

No intention of buying an ebay special, just trying to keep my costs down. Do it sells theirs for about $50 less, but they're out of stock too.

Is everyone making laminates because of the pandemic? I'm guessing supply chain issues.

3 hours ago, Tiderunner said:

No intention of buying an ebay special, just trying to keep my costs down. Do it sells theirs for about $50 less, but they're out of stock too.

Is everyone making laminates because of the pandemic? I'm guessing supply chain issues.

When I was really pouring a lot 90% were laminates. Now pour less and 95% are laminates. You will sell more baits if you can use a Twinjector or similar. But when they know you can make them they will ask for them. Not from laminate plates they are a waste of time(actual time). Cost is not an issue when production goes way up. 

• Like 1

Buy it right and buy it once is what I always say.  Sure, the upfront cost of the BassTackle injectors is higher but they will literally last you forever and they're the best quality available.  Do you really want the headaches involved with some of the cheaper options?  I have several injectors- 2 from Bear's Baits (no longer in business) and a couple of BassTackle ones.  The BT are the best option on the market BY FAR and their customer service literal cannot be beaten.

• Like 1

Seeing as nobody has the dual injector in stock, I may as well wait. The do it, and bass tackle seem to be my first choices.

The meat injector thing reminds me of a funny story. My son was a funeral director. And I, smoke  a lot of meats.

Friends were over one night and I made a smoked meat buffet. Some were sausages I had injected with beer, some with wine. Friends wife asked what I used to inject the meat with. Showed her this huge stainless steel injector.

She asked where I go it from, told her my son brought it home from work. The look on her face was priceless!

OK guess you had to be there,

FWIW, I don't sell my baits, they're for my own use and friends. So laminate plates work, but painfully slow.

I make one wacky worm type I call nightcrawler, that has been deadly for me, but it takes hours to make 25. Would love to speed it up.

I have had both and preferred the doit unit over the bass tackle.  It got hot faster and I could empty the chambers better.  Had less reheats that way.  It is all about what you like.  Many guys like the pins.  I get that as well.  I do have two of the doit large injectors as well and love them, triple pin units.  Again gets hot quicker and allows less reheats of solid plugs.

20 hours ago, Tiderunner said:

Seeing as nobody has the dual injector in stock, I may as well wait. The do it, and bass tackle seem to be my first choices.

The meat injector thing reminds me of a funny story. My son was a funeral director. And I, smoke  a lot of meats.

Friends were over one night and I made a smoked meat buffet. Some were sausages I had injected with beer, some with wine. Friends wife asked what I used to inject the meat with. Showed her this huge stainless steel injector.

She asked where I go it from, told her my son brought it home from work. The look on her face was priceless!

FWIW, I don't sell my baits, they're for my own use and friends. So laminate plates work, but painfully slow.

I make one wacky worm type I call nightcrawler, that has been deadly for me, but it takes hours to make 25. Would love to speed it up.

I just check Basstackle it looks like they have Injectors in stock

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tiderunner said:

Basstackle has them back up on the site. Better get it while you can. Today is 1-20-2021. 

• Like 1