VersatileFuturian

Rock Island blades?

I bought some of their painted Colorado blades: chartreuse with white stripe, red with white stripe, chartreuse with red diamonds. The quality is decent, nothing spectacular, but good for the price.

The chartreuse & white stripe and the red & white stripe Colorado blades were nickel on the backside. I had to give the back side a quick buff with a microfiber cloth to get them to shine. I use Nu Finish Scratch Doctor car polish for blade cleaning. After a quick buff, the nickel finish is pretty good. The chartreuse with diamonds blades had a back side that was painted chartreuse with no diamonds. I have only fished them maybe 6 times and all the paint is still there. I don't know about the long term durability of the paint. If the paint doesn't last, I will hit my remaining blades with some rattle can clear.

I ordered size 5s and 6s from them.  Their blades run a bit small.  Their size 5 is the same as a size 4.5 in other brands. Their size 6 is around a size 5.5 in other brands.

The shipping was fast and nothing was missing from the order.

Edited by JD_mudbug
typo
  • Like 1