bryanmc

6" Senko weight

51 minutes ago, alsworms said:

Dangit all I have is 5 inchers.  True Yamamoto watermelon red.  Weighed 4 of them.  11 grams each right on the nose, so I'm guessing a 6 incher would be 12 to 13??.......if that helps at all.  :unsure:

BTW.......I had no idea they weighed that much.  Interesting........

Glad you posted this I quoted 5 inch senkos.    I went out and dug through my stuff and couldn't find any actual senko just stuff I had poured.  

I did find some stocking stuffers for my wife I had hid in the tackle closet..  Just a month late. I need to sort through my tackle and get organized.  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, alsworms said:

Dangit all I have is 5 inchers.  True Yamamoto watermelon red.  Weighed 4 of them.  11 grams each right on the nose, so I'm guessing a 6 incher would be 12 to 13??.......if that helps at all.  :unsure:

BTW.......I had no idea they weighed that much.  Interesting........

Yes, I knew the 5" are 11g.  The 6" is not only longer but larger diameter. 

50 minutes ago, bryanmc said:

Thanks guys.  I poured some yesterday and didn't remember my exact ratio of plastic to gbm.  They came out at 17g so I was pretty close.

15-17g are good.

Your profile picture  is Lake Shasta?

I should be up there right now for the MLF/FLW event but it got shut down

by  the Forest Service COVID-19

15 hours ago, alsworms said:

I was surprised that one extra inch had that much more weight in it, but then again you can cast those things a mile, so..............

It's the diameter as well.... you'd be shocked how a little extra diameter adds a ton of volume (and therefore weight) - on cylindrical forms - diameter typically much more effective at adding volume than length.

• Like 1