Chauncy kerstiens

Simple yet effective Popper lips

One fine day last year my dog chewed up my Xbox controller so I took the joysticks out and cut the backsides down to a reasonable circular shape. Next I got my lure blank a coffin body popper I whittled and drilled a hole into the front face of the bait , you will want to sand it first and refine the front face so it will fit the joystick so you'll avoid cracking the wooden drill holes. When I went to insert it I played with the lip (joystick) angle and angled it slightly downward and glued the lip and a eyelet screw into the front face. Then I let it set up and put some jb weld around where the lip meets the lure and sanded it smooth. You can purchase those joysticks on Amazon for dirt cheap and the one I made worked as good as any popper you can buy. Use epoxy if your more  comfortable with it than jb weld and super glue. The photos arent a finished bait just a guide if y'all decide to try it!!

16124513344456055977029887613349.jpg

1612451440292218278338365768137.jpg

• Like 1