Rogers954

PVC bonding

Hey everyone, 

So my quest to pick up some pvc to start carving is running into one basic problem where i can’t seem to source anything with some actual thickness to be able to make like a wide body glide bait. The limited amount of stuff that my Lowe’s and Home Depot carry would be fine if i wanted to make some small cranks and narrow baits. So what methods if any are there for bonding multiple pieces of pvc trim together that would hold up to the abuse of a large fish without separating? 

thanks for any info love the forum 

I have used JB weld on a couple of pvc baits. The baits are 2 halves with a straight wire through with a drop wire for the belly hook. One is a 4" long wake bait that is 1.375" wide by 1.375" tall at its bulkiest spot. It is in great shape after 3 years use and has taken several northern pike.  I used the original or the marine version JB weld. It says 5020 psi on the package. It floats low in the water and did not require any ballast weight because of the JB weld.

If you want one thicker pvc piece check the molding section of the stores. Some of the molding pieces are thicker than boards. You may have to order them and ship to store. Royal makes a 1.5" x 1.5" square trim which I think comes in 8' and 12'. It may be called a 2 x 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1