Kyler M

Cinnamon purple

Hello everyone, I am starting to work on a new color that zoom has made for years and I cannot decide which colorant will give me the closest result as zoom’s cinnamon purple. What do you all think should I use Do-it molds Cinnamon or their pumpkin seed colorant? Or is there another colorant that y’all use to get the same resA4080729-990C-4EB9-A92D-8E6FE47BA816.thumb.png.1f8d79c76b88f9f780a47934ca0dc0b0.png

59051536-D554-4708-AFF2-EC2490EA2AB1.png

Maybe I’m crabby today, but I still have no idea why anyone wants to do exact copies of anything.  Especially something zoom makes.  I bet you play around a bit and you can “invent” something better on your own.  I have well over $1000 of colorant on my bench that has taken couple years to learn and understand how they look and interact with others and brands.  My advice is take the time to learn.  Generally certain brands tend to use the same brand colors rd I have found.

I apologize if this sounds rude or mean but it’s reality. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RTM said:

Maybe I’m crabby today, but I still have no idea why anyone wants to do exact copies of anything.

Frankly if it wasn't for exact copies soft plastics wouldn't be where it is now.  No molds, no injection equipment, etc.

Anyone that was hand pouring custom lures knows how much things have changed.  Knock off baits and knock off colors simply has allowed the hobby to grow.  

• Like 1

Many years ago  just used 6 drops of LC root beer with 1/8 tsp of blue highlight to make a generic cinnamon when hand pouring drop shot baits. 

Have used various other methods to various cinnamon depending on what someone was looking for and dependent on how colorants changed or new colors/companies got into it.  Brown pumpkin, transparent brown with opaque white, yellow or red on toothpicktip, scuppernog, MF's cinnamon, etc.

I have made recipes for most things and have done a lot of color matching. Typically would get baits from guys out west and wanting to duplicate it in larger profile bait etc.. brand?  Most were custom hand pours.   Everyone is different in abilities and what they are looking to do.  

Edited by Travis

RTM, you are so crabby, LOL, but also so right.  What I like is when bait companies seem to knock off their own color from year to year......

At the sporting goods store I work at we often have the same SKU, same bait by same company, with the same color, but it is not "the same" as the same bait from last year.  It does not happen often, but often enough to notice it.

I assume that production companies have specific recipes and great notes, but sometimes subtle differences happen.

I also wonder if the different  colors that come out that are only slightly different from another color are because someone goofed and added something wrong, so they called it a NEW color and sold off the mistakesB)  Sometimes the mistake become the prefered color.

Let's all make a mistake today.:tipsy:

• Like 1