eastman03

No posts since Thursday! What's everyone working on?

On the last night of my set at work then I will be off for a few days and I will start picking at some designs 

I have all kinds of partly finished designs laying around lol

I have two soft bait projects in the works, two soft bait rigs, a crankbait, and a lipped jerk bait. This does not include all projects sitting on the shelf that I pick at at times or redesign 

I might be a little scatterbrained :?

• Like 1

Right on.  I'm the same way.  I have a few different projects and ideas on the go.  And a couple of lures waiting for open water to do some testing.  I'm up in Thompson, Manitoba right now.  We got a foot of snow last week, and we are in the process of getting another foot today.  Barf

• Like 1

I've got six baits currently on the cooker (hard and soft) with more designs and ideas drafted up waiting to be carved, tested, tuned, and fished. The TU Lure Contest is always a great incentive for me to sit down and work on projects, but most of the time I can't force productivity when it come to actually carving and detailing a build by hand. I had big plans to have more baits/categories entered this year, but I'm happy to have at least one on the drying rack and almost finished. The bait has already been tested and caught fish just in time for me to paint and have it ready for submission by tomorrow probably. It was a fun and stressful rush at the same time. Baitmaker problems :lol:

Always a great time getting to see everyone's entries. The level of attention to detail, artistic touch, and creativity is inspiring. Too bad some of the good ones will be disqualified because their creators don't take the time to read the rules haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always fun to hear what folks are working on.  And I agree, the contest is a great way to see some really cool projects and get some inspiration!

I've got several gift lures I'm trying to finish up, painting and detailing, adjusting weights, etc...

I also finished a mouse wake-bait.  I haven't done something like it, and I was super excited to find it works great!  I set out a line last week while I was building a deck and a catfish took the bait and wrapped it around some underwater trees... no dice.

• Like 1

Just put a square driver bit through the base of my right index fingernail while rebuilding a swinging bench frame... might slow me down a bit.  I have 3 different lipless cranks almost ready for paint though, and i'm excited to get them in the water!  They are all under 3" and cut from basswood scraps from a CO2 race-car project kids are working on at school.

@exx1976, I've heard house hunting can be a bear...good luck!

• Sad 1